It is finally open! This should help relieve the demand somewhat on the Ogden Home Storage Center. If you are short on time, Starter Kits (containing a couple cans of wheat, rice, etc.) are available at the Distribution Center as well. These are a little more expensive when purchased there (you have to pay for the shipping cost). Purchasing the Kit on-line is probably a better deal if you can't get to the storage center. Go to LDS.org and then to Home Storage.
Layton Home Storage Center 333-3230
Tuesday & Wednesday 4 PM to 8 PM; by appointment only.
Saturday 9 AM to 3 PM; by appointment only.
Friday 1 PM to 8 PM; walk-in only. This will be first come first served. No appointment.
2. Appointments: Please call 336-3230 to make an appointment. Friday might be a great time to buy bulk products, cans, lids, boxes, oxygen packets and other items.
3. Stations: One station with 5-6 people working assembly line for a 2 hour block. This is only until we know how to operate it efficiently. Then we will have two stations operating with 5-6 people per station doing a 1-2 hour block.
4. Clean Up: After each shift we need to clean up so there is no mixing of the products.
5. Product: You may buy products to can at home. No outside products are canned at our facility.
6. Manual can sealer/pouch sealer: Available by reservation, to use at your home free of charge, returned at the opening hour of the next day the home storage center is open.
7. Bulk Products: you may purchase bulk items from the home storage center.
8. Miscellaneous Info.: Information is available on how many #10 cans per each 25 lb. bag and storage life. There is some physical work involved and possible lifting of 25 lb. bags or boxes.
9. Payment: Cash or check only! Checks should be made out to: Layton Home Storage, with your ward and stake on your check. NO CREDIT CARDS.